Ok, I know this has taken me forever to do. But hey, I’ve been crazy busy. Cut me some slack! Any who, a great big thank you to Tash from The Bookie Monster for tagging me! Now, you may say, “but Jewel, you’re in Australia and it’s Winter there!” To that I say “Hey, a girl can dream, can’t she?” So, here we go!
1. Show a book with a Summery cover
A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry. Summery cover and title…great read. I red this in middle school, I think. Should be a must in my opinion! If you haven’t read it, it’s written in play form and is a quick, but impactful book.
2. Pick a fictional place that would be the perfect destination for a Summer vacation!
Ok, now I know that Tash picked the same thing, but this is a no brainer to me. I’m obsessed with all things OZ! Why do you think I moved to Australia?
3. You’re about to go on a flight for your Summer vacation. But you want to read a book that will last for the whole flight, what novella do you choose?
Not listed as a novella, but is a short and easy read. It’s emotionally riveting and will keep you turning pages ’til the end of the flight.
4. You have a case of summertime sadness. What happy book do you pick up to shine a smile on your face?
Another no brainer for me. This book had me laughing out loud to the point of tears. If you need a pick me up, pick this one up!
5. You’re sitting at the beach alone…which fictional character would be your beach babe?
My hubby, of course! Ok, he’s not fictional, but you can’t fault me for being faithful 🙂
6. To match your ice cream, you want an icy cool sidekick. Which fictional sidekick do you pick?
Almana. Ok, shameless plug for my work in progress 🙂 Although the title is Almana and the book is from her perspective, she’s actually Alexa’s sidekick. Who wouldn’t want an angel on their side, right?
7. Share the summertime happiness. Who do you tag?
(apologies in advance if you have already done this/don’t do these sort of tags!)
- Teens and Tweens Book Club
- L.M. Nelson @ LMNelsonsCorner
- Lola @ Hit or Miss Books
- Steve @ Life’s a Cuppa
- Tori @ Book Dreamer